Thursday, May 13, 2010

Montparnasse and Luxembourg

Wednesday was so far the only sunny day we've had, and I spent it walking around in the Parc du Luxembourg, and amazingly beautiful park right by the place I am staying. The parks and public buildings in Paris, for the most part, used to be private gardens and palaces of the insanely wealthy nobility, opened to the public after said nobility lost everything in the revolution, including their heads, so these public spaces are especially nice.
I wrote a bit about Wednesday's meeting in the market and the top of the Tour Montparnasse last week, so I will skip to Thursday. I was introduced to a friend of a friend who showed me around the Montmartre neighbor, the location of both the Moulin Rouge and the 'Amelie' cafe, a movie I have not seen but that everyone tells me is iconic. If you say so. It is also the location of the Cathedral Sacre Couer, the newest and second most iconic Cathedral in Paris. As always, the building was amazing, and the area was packed with tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment