Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's a Rush

I am in the last whirlwind minutes of packing. I do hope I have everything that I need. I definitely have enough underwear and socks; all the rest is commentary. No, I am not entirely done packing and yes, I am leaving for Queens in a half an hour. Seriously though, I just realized that I am going to a country with an entirely different country, where I don't speak a word of the language, and where I am only bringing what can fit into an internal frame backpack (I may fold and take a duffel). It doesn't help that the manager of hostel where I will be staying for the first night asked me if I was Israeli, and when I told him I was American he paused for a bit, made an 'oh' sound, and finally said (in Hebrew) "Well, it's really all Israelis that come here, but I am sure you will be fine." Oh boy. It will be a bit crazy, but it will be awesome. Many people have been asking me why I am going, and, besides for the desire to learn Spanish, the desire travel, the raves I have heard about Argentina, my need to get out of my parents' house (that one's a joke) and the sizable Jewish community, I am doing this in order to put my self in an uncomfortable position. I want to be pushed to the limits of what I can do and past it; it is the only way, I think, to grow, and above all, that is what I want to do this year. The only reason I do want to get out of my parents' house is because I am comfortable there, too comfortable.
Anyway, this is a bit rushed, because I do have to go and finish packing and shower. Shoot, I forgot to pack myself food! Okay, signing off for now, catch you on the other side.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment