Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Test Post

Hello all. I've decided, in anticipation of not having that much internet access down in Argentina, that instead of trying to keep in touch with everyone individually (sorry folks) I would write a blog whenever I can and let any interested in knowing what I am up to. For example, I am now listening to my brother telling me that I may become a drug dealer (seems to be from the Schmooze magazine).
Anyway, I should take a step back. If you are reading this, you may know that I am going to Argentina, first to Buenos Aires, for the next 4 months. I have a year off between college and medical school (this is, by the way, the reason behind the name of my blog; liminal is anything to do with the finishing of one process, right before the beginning of the next. In my case, my limin is a year long), and I want to see, do, and have as many new experiences as I can. I also want to learn Spanish, which is why I am going to Argentina.
I'm leaving in less than two weeks (why am I going again) and, as yet, I don't really have any plans. I've got a couple of contacts down there, but I don't speak the language, have a place to stay, take classes, have arbah minim, haven't gotten vaccinations yet (I need to get vaccinated for yellow fever, what fun!), or have really any idea of what I am doing. Psyche! All I know is that other people have done it and have survived, which only takes a little away from the fun of it.
I'll post next when I get more news.
Ciao! (That's what they say in Argentina for goodbye)
Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Blog: Non-Traditional
    Gmail: Non-Traditional
    Secular College: Extremely Non-Traditional
    Argentina: Non-traditional among non-traditionalists
    Liminal: Is that Yiddish? Because if not- Non-Traditional
    Poland-Very traditional


    YOU: Slowly ASSIMILATING. Unless you cancel the trip and go to Warsaw instead...

    Sincerely,
    Tradition

    I forgot, there IS traditional antisemitism in Argentina so you're not a lost cause.

    ReplyDelete