Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Arrived

I landed in Zurich at 8:26 am local time. The city, from what Ihave seen so far, is beautiful. I was picked up from the airport by friends of the family, amazing people, and I am in their ridiculously amazing house right now. There are shelves of books lining all the walls, an apple tree, a cherry tree, tons of books, a garden, an amazing den with a big piano, and tons of books everywhere. Of course, being in Switzerland, it is also very clean and organized. And there are shelves of books.
I almost did not make the flight, first because I did not have a return ticket, though in the end my Railpass sufficed. Then, the flight to Phillly, where I was supposed to conncet to Zurich, was delayed, but we got there just in time for boarding.
Nothing much to say yet about Europe; haven't seen much ineresting yet, though the Swiss airport is quite something. Clean, organized, pretty advanced with all kinds of fancz projected screens and sounds (you can hear cows mooing on the inter-terminal rail), but with a baggage carousel that looks like it is from a regional airport in Argentina.
The Swiss keyboard is annoying as the Z and Y key are switched; it takes a while to type up a blogpost when zou need to paz attention to everzthing zou are doing on the kezboard. If I type normallz the word yebra comes out completely misspelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment