Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Off to Europe!

It's been a while since my last post. I guess that's mostly because nothing interesting has been going on recently. I've had a couple of adventures and good times here and there, like when I biked to Baltimore, or all of Pesach, which was really nice, or the two Shabbatot I spent in QC this semester, but overall it's been either work or just bumming around. Well, today that changes. In a few hours my Mom will be taking me to LaGuardia, where I will get on a plane for Zurich. No, I have no idea what I am doing in Europe, or how long I will be there. Actually, not knowing what to expect, and not really knowing where I will be or what I will do, not having done much research, makes this trip a bit intimidating. In theory, of course, this type of trip is supposed to be super flexible and free, and allow for more fun, which I am sure it will, but right now it's just a tad scary. For the next month or two I have no plans; my life in front of me a complete void on a continent I have never been to (except Hungary). In my mind, I know it will be fun, but I guess it is not knowing what it is that will be fun is the intimidating part. It's also what makes this trip more of an adventure and not a vacation, though the fact that there is nothing that I need a vacation from also helps. I think the fact that I am not able to do the Europe trip that I really wanted to do, by bike, is a bit of a bummer also, but I am not ruling out coming back a little earlier if my knee starts behaving and doing a biking trip in the States.
Well, I have to finish up packing. The next post will come from the other side of the Atlantic!

1 comment:

  1. are you sure your flight leaves from laguardia, they only do domestic

    ReplyDelete