Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rosedal and Park February 3

Monday was a national holiday here, though they call it Dia de la Razas (Races, as in, Italian, Chinese, Indian, etc), not Columbus Day. In order to avoid the crowds and protests I decided to go to Buenos Aires' answer to Central Park, Parque 3 de Febrero. was a gorgeous day, with a sky so purely blue and not a cloud in the sky you just want to stay outside forever. I walked to the park, which is huge, and had a small picnic of crackers and cheese while I read. A dog (everyone has a dog here) ran over and started eating my food! It's owner called it back, but after I finished I went over (to show there were no hard feelings; also, the owner spoke English). I ended up talking to her for a bit about Buenos Aires, studying in England, and her Philosophy major. Afterward, I went to one of the most amazing planned parks I have ever been to. In the middle of February 3rd is a section of the park called Rosedal. It is stunning. There are beautiful paths through pristine lawns that feature the busts of many famous poets (including Dante, Cervantes, and Shakespeare!) and the most magnificent rose garden I have ever seen. I hate to say it, but New York could do with a Rosedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment