Monday, November 16, 2009

Moving Out

Well, today I left the comfort of my host family to return the hostel. I left a private room and bathroom, breakfasts and hot home cooked dinners, and, most important, friendly people with whom I was able to practice a bit of Spanish for the shared dorms/bathrooms and prepare your own food of the hostel. Why? Well, as you may have already realized, I am getting a tad bored of la ciudad, and I want to get out, to travel a bit, to see the country. The hostel will help in two ways. One is the more obvious. There are travelers coming and going form the hostel all the time, and I have a chance of picking up a travel buddy or at least some advice from the people here, an advantage that does not exist with my host folks. Also, the lack of the previously mentioned comforts (I hope) will motivate me to leave. I have never been more lazy and just totally willing to sit around and do nothing. I haven't had a deadline, any work, any responsibilities, even the minimal ones that arise from school and part-time jobs, I haven't really exercised, I've been eating well, and I have never been this slothful in my life. It is sort of nice. I only wish I had more books here, perhaps my flute (after that concert I really want to practice) and I will be happy. I also think my body believes that it is winter, and it is trying to hibernate. It is dying for some nice comfort food (yesterday I spent some time looking at some amazing looking mac and cheese recipes). One of the reasons I want to go South, besides for it being one of the best places to see in the country, is because it is actually a bit chilly there.
I actually missed a great opportunity to travel with some frum Israeli folks; a couple of guys are going to the deep south tomorrow morning, but by the time I found out there were no tickets left. Oh well. I think I would rather travel alone anyway, but if I do run across anyone over the next day or two I will join with them. We shall see.
Tomorrow I plan. Chodesh tov!

1 comment: