Thursday, June 24, 2010

Arriving in Amsterdam

Easyjet is a pretty decent airlines. I've heard horror stories, but the plane was new, the seats were of reasnable size, and for the price of a 12 hours bus-ferry-train trip, I took a 45 minute flight (and I am including the baggage fee that Easyjet adds). Sure, from the time I left the city of London until the time I got to my hostel was actually four and a half hours, but the train ride that was twice the price of my journey takes the same amount of time. I sat next to two Dutch sisters on their way home from a London shopping spree and we ended up talking for the entire flight, the baggae collection, and then, when my credit cards failed to work in the ticket machine at the airport, Sven, a boyfriend of one of them who came to pick them up, bought me a ticket. Nice guy.
I got to the hostel eventually, showered, and went right to bed. No staying up late in amsterdam for night number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment