Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Hiccup, An Obstacle, A Problem

Shabbos was, as usual, amazing, lots of fun, met great people, the whole nine yards. Ate well, slept well, conversed well, even learned well (I went to a Gemara shiur in shul). What is not well is my knee. I have pushed it too hard I think. Over the last few weeks of biking, hiking, walking, and climbing, I have slowly pushed my already injured knee farther and farther, having to pop more and more motrin to keep going, knowing I was doing something stupid but not wanting to give up on my goal of climbing the three peaks or biking Skye etc. Now, I am paying the consequences. I have been RICEing my knee over the past few days, I have been stretching and doing the light exercises my therapists gave me, and it is only getting worse. Stairs are a killer and now just walking on flat ground is starting to get painful. Not. Good. I'll have to figure something out, but I do not want to come home. If I go home now I'll regret it forever, as I still have so much to see and money to see it with. Maybe if I find a walking stick... Or a place to rest for an extended amount of time while I do some rehab...

No comments:

Post a Comment