Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last Days in London

I spent the last two days hanging out with a friend from Argentina who was over in London with her mom after acting as a delegate to Amsterdam from the Anne Frank house in Buenos Aires. It was nice to have some company. I showed them around the city on Monday (I guess I've been here a long time). At night I went out to eat in a great restaurant, this funky pizza parlor called Pizaza, with good thin crust pizza and decent milkshakes, and super company; Gaby Davis and her boyfriend Dovid took me, and taught me some great British slang, words that seem so benign in American yet mean completely different things in English English. I'll be useing them.
Today I spent all day with Lu and her mom in the Tower of London. The Yeoman tour was great, and everything else was neat, but I did not think it was worht the very expensive entrance fee. Ah well. I can say I saw the Tower and the Crown Jewels and the Armour of lots of English kings and a perrier firing and... ok, I guess there was a lot to do and see, it was just quite expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment